Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween


I want to do a Halloween post because it is one of the funnest holidays besides Christmas. When I was little Halloween was the best time of year because we got to dress up and get tons of candy. We had a Halloween parade at my elementary school so we could see what everyone dressed up as. But as I got older I decided to dress up less and less or my costumes have been super simple. I either never have the money for a costume, and I'm not creative enough to make my own, or I don't have the time to look for one. My favorite costume from when I was younger was in kindergarten. I dressed up as Thumbalina. 




I loved that costume! I felt so pretty in it and very princess-esque. I remember wearing it to school and riding a tricycle at recess and my dress ripping. But my teacher was kind enough to fix it for me. My least favorite costume was in fifth grade. We had a unit on Shakespeare with a fourth grade class that shared our room. For the unit we did a little play of A Midsummer Night's Dream. Well we had to make our own costumes for it because it wasn't something produced by the school. I think my mom did a very creative job but, personally, I hated it! If I allowed pictures of it to exist I would show you. We got extra credit if we used it as our Halloween costume plus my mom decided since we already made a costume I didn't need another one. I was one of a very few who wore their Shakespeare costume for Halloween.



The next thing I love about Halloween are the movies! I used to be a huge fan of horror movies, especially Freddy Kruger. I have to say he still scares me! But lately I haven't watched a movie that has really scared me. If you have any suggestions please comment them! I remember going to the movies with my cousin, who is 8 months older than me and practically a sister, because we were both huge fans of horror movies. She still is. My favorite Halloween movie is Hocus Pocus. I see this around a lot so I know a lot of people really love it. Sarah Jessica Parker was my favorite in that movie! I thought she was so gorgeous! 


I hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween! If you are going out with friends please be careful! Don't forget to have lots of candy!


What was your most favorite Halloween costume and what was your least favorite? What is your favorite scary movie? If you are dressing up for Halloween, what are you going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment