Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (2)



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. They provide a topic and everyone can join in and post the link to their post. If you want to participate head on over there and join in!

Top Ten Books to Read During Halloween:

 These are in no particular order, they are just in the order I thought of them.

1. Salem's Lot by Stephen King - Creepy! Everyone knows that Stephen King is the most popular horror writer and although Salem's Lot wasn't the scariest thing I've read it is definitely creepy!

2. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan - My first experience of with Zombies and it wasn't scary but it definitely put you in that eerie kind of mood that comes along with Halloween.

3. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - There were some part in this book where I actually got the chills. Definitely different from anything else because there is a love story tied in.

4. Goosebumps series by R.L. Stine - A true classic. I used to read these when I was little!

5. Glass Houses by Rachel Caine - I felt like Rachel Caine's vampires really took them back to being evil and bad in YA. These are the types of vampires you don't fall in love with!

6.Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice - Another classic in my opinion. Beautifully written and a great story. Not the best in the series, my favorite is Lestat.

7.Dracula by Bram Stoker - A true classic. Everyone at some point in their life should read this. Dracula is definitely a scary character!

8.Lasher by Anne Rice - This is the second book in her Lives of the Mayfair Witches series and it is a great story! Totally creepy and I loved it. The first one is huge so beware when you start to read it!

9.Carmilla by Joseph Sheriden Le Fanu - I love this book! It's not very long and it's relatively quick. There are scary dreams and creepy characters. Perfect for Halloween.

10.Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry - One of the best YA zombie books I've read (not that I've read a lot but it is good!). Jonathan Maberry also writes Adult zombie books. Zombies are perfect for Halloween!

8 comments:

  1. Just bought Rot and Ruin and hope to read it this week. I also need to get Dracula as I have never read it and really want to. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dracula and Anna Dressed in Blood both made my list :) I'm also hoping to read some Stephen King this Halloween.

    My top ten is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jan, I really enjoyed Rot & Ruin, I'm excited to get the next book Dust & Decay - just waiting for it to come into the library. You should definitely read Dracula as it is a classic.

    @Claire, for some reason I don't really read horror near Halloween but I hope to eventually get some more Stephen King read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely love Dracula and Interview with the Vampire. Great choice on the Goosebumps series, too - I used to LOVE those when I was young!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a few from the Goosebumps series, and although they are not for my age group, I simply loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another vote for Anna Dressed in Blood...I also loved Dracula and Interview with the Vampire. I liked Lasher as well but LOVED The Witching Hour...it was definitely a whopper but soooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to read Goosebumps when I was younger (I haven't read them in a long time!), but I remember that I loved them!

    Yes, The Witching Hour was a HUGE book, that's partly why I didn't put it down. Plus I really liked Lasher more than The Witching Hour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salem's Lot made my list too. It actually had me very scared!

    ReplyDelete